Aug 25 2012
Yesterday the competition, in which two of our readers could win a signed copy of the novel Mindjammer by Sarah Newton each, ended. The questions you had to ask to be eligible for the competition were the following:
- Question 1: In Mindjammer, what organisation do Thaddeus Clay and his team work for?
- Question 2: In the FATE RPG system, what kind of dice do you normally roll, and how many of them?
- Question 3: In transhumanism, what’s the event called where technology becomes so advanced that it’s impossible to see what happens afterwards? (Hint: it’s also the name for the heart of a black hole!)
The correct answers were:
- SCI Force (but we also accepted “Security and Cultural Integrity Instrumentality”)
- Four Fudge dice (but we also accepted d6-6 since that’s used in Starblazer Adventures)
I put all the names of the people who sent in the correct answers into the proverbial hat and determined the winners using my trust random number generators (aka dice).
The lucky winners are: Mark Perotti and Jacob Schmidt. Congratulations! I already sent your names and postal addresses to Sarah, she’ll send your signed paperback copies to you.
Thanks for everyone who participated in the competition!